Thursday, May 19, 2011

Proverbs 16:9


"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." 
- Proverbs 16:9

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." - Proverbs 19:21

I'm always wondering and asking myself, where will I be in 5 years? 10 years? Then I think of all these future plans and write them down on random pages of my journal, thinking that I will somehow find an answer and solution if I think about it long enough. But I'm learning that I should instead focus on what is in front of me, do what I can do now, and then I'll know what to do next.

"Does it make sense to pray for guidance about the future if we are not obeying in the thing that lies before us today? How many momentous events in Scripture depended on one person's seemingly small act of obedience! Rest assured: Do what God tells you to do now, and depend upon it, you will be shown what to do next." - Elisabeth Elliot

A line from the song that inspired this post:
"Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be. The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep." 
- Priscilla Ahn, Dream




Formatted to be a wallpaper for iPhones
Download the image above or on Flickr

No comments: