Monday, May 9, 2011

Isaiah 65:24 - God answers our prayer


Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.
- Isaiah 65:24

A lot of times, it seems like God takes a really long time to answer prayers. But this verse points out that God is already working to answer our prayers before we even utter them! Maybe instead of always wanting the answer now, and rushing to reach the destination, we should trust in God's perfect timing and just enjoy the journey with God. Like a good hike - taking in all the scenery and enjoying the company :) 

I came across this devotional on nonelikejesus that discusses a different verse, but similar topic. I found it greatly encouraging, and I hope it encourages you as well. My favorite part: "We never know what God is doing behind the scenes, in order that our joy would be made full...Relax. God is in control. He has greater things for you than what you could ask or think!"




Formatted to be wallpaper for iPhones!

No comments: