Monday, July 30, 2012

Inspiration: Movies on my mind

Sometimes when I feel stuck, I like to watch some feel good movies that leave me feeling inspired and motivated. Here are three movies that have inspired / moved / encouraged me lately.


The first is The Secret of Kells, an Irish-French-Belgian animated feature film by Cartoon Saloon. I didn't know what to expect before watching the movie, but I was so awed. Not only is the animation beautiful, but its message of hope reminded me so much of the bible and the importance of scripture. Favorite line: "The book that turned darkness into light."


Second is The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - I'm a fan of The Chronicles of Narnia series, and this third movie made by Disney seems to capture the spirit of the books most closely. Favorite lines: "We have nothing, if not belief," and "You've got an extraordinary destiny, something greater than you could imagine."


Lastly, rewatching Hayao Miyazaki's Kiki's Delivery Service helped me understand a little bit more about the creative process. Favorite lines: "We each need to find our own inspiration, Kiki. Sometimes it's not easy," and "We can fly with our spirit."

These movies are beautiful and filled with inspiring lines. I recommend you check them out the next time you need some inspiration and/or something to make your heart feel warm!

No comments: